maandag 25 mei 2015

Follow your arrow

Somewhere in February I found a stunning shawl on Instagram. I searched and found it on Ravelry.
It was a pattern by Ysolda, called Follow your Arrow 2. Each week, for 5 weeks, two options to knit were published and so a lot of different shawls were made. I was a few weeks behind but in this case I didn't mind. I am not so used to reading charts yet that I can visualize them and being behind meant that some were further and posting pictures of their progress which made it easier to choose for me.


I really loved the process, I learned a lot of new stitches and techniques, I love how ready available youtube is and how much you can learn from it!
I am soooo in love with this pattern, it was literally breathtaking the first few times I saw it and I am still very much in love with it.
When you see it on the picture on the right it looks quite bit and it is, but... it is not as big as I thought it would be, so it is more for around your neck than around the shoulders.
I know, I could have made it bigger, but I wanted the peacock feathers at the points so I didn't want to make more of the plain extension, which was an option. So that would mean I have to rip until before the feathers and knit rows extra over there. Somehow I don't feel like that, so I decided to keep this one as it is so I have a reference when knitting other shawls since yes, I am really back into knitting and there will be more!




I used a variegated acrylic yarn, called Champion by Lammy. It knitted very nice, but I don't feel the blocking had much effect and it ended up a bit more stripy than I would like.

I confess I already started another shawl, this time I am trying to wrap all the knowledge I have from the two I knitted until now and combining them to make it my own! For sneak peaks, find me on Instagram (@urbanstylejantine) and when it is done I promise I will show it here too...

4 opmerkingen:

Phyllis zei

Inderdaad, een heel bijzonder patroon, had ik nog niet eerder gezien. Ben zelf geen breister, ziet er best wel pittig uit.

Mistea zei

This is gorgeous. Unfortunately sometimes shawls don't turn out quite as you envisage.
Looking forward to seeing your new one.

Lori zei

Gorgeous!

Jedidja zei

Wow! Dat je dat kan!