zaterdag 14 februari 2015

Purple wrap

My knitting adventure (after about 15 years of not knitting at all) started with a blogpost from Mistea about a reversable wrap she was knitting. It was an easy one, only 3 rectangles sewn together so I thought it was a good project to start with. Of I went to a knitting shop to get yarn and needles. I don't like making swatches but I did! I made at least 3 to decide on the right needle size.
Off I went. It was like I knitted only yesterday and even mastering the English terms took only a bit of Youtube ;-). It was all still there in the back of my brain!
Kntting the first part didn't take long but after that I slacked! I finished the knitting last winter but it took me until now to sew it together. I am still in love with the colour and the pattern! The fun thing about this pattern is that you can wear your wrap two ways, do you see the difference?

It is beautifully warm and soft, it is very comfortable to wear but I do have some second thoughts...

The seams of the arms turn to the front (see first picture, I think it is because of the construction) and it confronts me every time with my sewing skills in knitting and I don't like it.
I knitted it very loose but that makes the garment very sensitive to getting stuck and pulling. I have a huge loop hanging on one of the edges after just one day! More details on my ravelry account
And... last but not least, with some parts being visible on both sides I don't like my weaving in ends, I wish I had found this tutorial on knotting ends together sooner.

So all in all, I love the pattern but not my own knitting. Not sure where it will end, I might frog the whole thing and make the pattern in some knitted fabric with my sewing machine ;-).
I really found my knitting groove back and just love hanging on the couch with a book and my knitting! I plan to share some of the tricks I learned with you soon. so keep your eyes open!



1 opmerking:

Lori zei

I think it turned out very cute! Way to go Jantine!