So... My thoughts went to another bag (Oh yes, always bags) to keep all those stitch counters, cable needles, scissors, darning needles etc. together... and there is was, just that very day, a free tutorial on the clover and violet blog.
I printed it right away and got thinking... I wanted it done quick as I wanted to use it NOW... So why patching all those squares when you have a whole box of left over blocks? So I pulled some left over blocks from my Butterfly garden, had some left over strips and even a half yard of the same fabric series, it just had to be! I went ahead but oh...
Silly me, I misread the instructions and made a 3/4 hole instead of a 3/8 for the zipper, so the zipper didn't fit at all. But those were ready made blocks I didn't want to throw away... So I sewed a fabric behind the hole and pretended it was a whole fabric again. Then I made a new hole in the right size. I used my zipper on the meter to create fun zippers and of I went.
The rest of the bag went pretty smoothly and it was done in no time! How happy I was with this clutch and how satisfactory to use up some more left over blocks and fabrics, it was another scrap project in all its glory!
Scrap project number 8!