maandag 16 februari 2015

Cora purse

As many of you know I love Instagram! Full of inspiring pictures of people with the same hobby's as me ;-). What more do you want? And... it is much quicker than reading through all those blogs I think I need to follow.
I have been doing a lot of knitting and crochet this last year, and the "handy to use stuff" was piling up and I kept searching my bags for the darning needle or the stitch counters...
So... My thoughts went to another bag (Oh yes, always bags) to keep all those stitch counters, cable needles, scissors, darning needles etc. together... and there is was, just that very day, a free tutorial on the clover and violet blog.
I printed it right away and got thinking... I wanted it done quick as I wanted to use it NOW... So why patching all those squares when you have a whole box of left over blocks? So I pulled some left over blocks from my Butterfly garden, had some left over strips and even a half yard of the same fabric series, it just had to be! I went ahead but oh...
Silly me, I misread the instructions and made a 3/4 hole instead of a 3/8 for the zipper, so the zipper didn't fit at all. But those were ready made blocks I didn't want to throw away... So I sewed a fabric behind the hole and pretended it was a whole fabric again. Then I made a new hole in the right size. I used my zipper on the meter to create fun zippers and of I went.
The rest of the bag went pretty smoothly and it was done in no time! How happy I was with this clutch and how satisfactory to use up some more left over blocks and fabrics, it was another scrap project in all its glory!
Scrap project number 8!

2 opmerkingen:

Crafts 'n' Skills zei

Jemig, wat ben je toch lekker bezig! En wat fijn dat je op deze manier een paar mooie left-overs hebt kunnen gebruiken. Top weer! x

Lori zei

Very nice! Creative way to fix a mistake too.