woensdag 28 januari 2015

Knitting needle roll

Last October I went to visit a friend in Scotland. We did lots of fun things and oh... the country side was so beautiful with all those autumn colors! I will post some pictures of the beautiful tapestries soon!
While hiking around my friend commented that she expected me to make a quilt with autumn colors. I said I already had, you can find it here ;-). But this comment got my mind going, I had some leftover blocks from this quilt, so I could make something with those...

My friend had gone back to knitting and told me she had needles everywhere in the house and in several bags. So while heading home by plane, I got a plan! I made her a knitting needle roll with almost all the left over blocks and on Instagram she showed a picture of it being in use!

The part with the knitting fabric is the top of the inside, the picture is upside down... I made two rows of pockets with a few wider ones on one side for circular needles etc.

Since it was done completely with left over blocks and fabrics, this counts as scrappy project number 7.

3 opmerkingen:

Cisca Heiden van der zei

Wat een mooi cadeau, en handig, zo'n needle roll voor breinaalden. Leuk, die brei stof!
Groetjes, Cisca

Sandra zei

Wat je toch allemaal met scraps kunt doen! andere mensen blij maken :0)

Lori zei

What a great idea Jantine!